Steam Deck will finally be in the hands of gamers later this month.
Announced in July 2021, the device includes AMD’s latest generation mobile hardware. This hardware is much more powerful compared to Nintendo’s Switch console. Therefore, the amount of the games that can be played is much wider. However, Steam Deck will come with Linux installed instead of Windows. Users will be able to install Windows 10 later. Since the device will use a Linux-based operating system, there was a question mark about which games players can play exactly.
Now, an anonymous user accessing SteamDB data has shared a list of 266 games. We already know a lot of games will run on Linux, although this data has not yet been made official. You can find the list here.
Games that have been verified for Steam Deck will have different tiers from the highest level, i.e. “Verified” to “Unknown”. You can find a list of all the tiers currently available just below.
- Verified: Games under this tier have passed all sorts of test runs and compatibility checks. They will be made available to play from day 1 without making any tweaks or adjustments.
- Playable: The Playable tier might need you to make changes to your game while playing the latter although they will be a part of the Verified list.
- Unsupported: Titles in the Unsupported category failed the tests run by Valve and won’t be available on the Steam Deck.
- Unknown: Valve is yet to test run the games under the Unknown tier, with their compatibility yet to be determined.
Throughout the said 266 games, only 116 of them were tested by Valve. Among the 116 confirmed games are DEATH STRANDING, God Of War, and Dark Souls III.
Steam Deck Hardware Specifications
- Processor: AMD APU Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU power: 4-15W
- RAM 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM (5500 MT/s)
- Storage 64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
- 256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4)
- 512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4)
- All models include high-speed microSD card slot
- Resolution 7 inch 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio) LCD Touchscreen
- Operating System SteamOS 3.0 (Arch-based)
- Other: Bluetooth Bluetooth 5.0 (support for controllers, accessories, and audio)
- Wi-Fi Dual-band Wi-Fi radio, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 x 2 MIMO, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 6-Axis IMU Gyro sensor
- 40Whr battery. 2 – 8 hours of gameplay
Steam Deck will begin shipping at the end of February to those who pre-ordered the console.